SunBriteTV Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) Policy and Guidelines
SunBriteTV, LLC actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its domestic dealers and distributors through materials provided by SunBriteTV at no or nominal cost. SunBriteTV has established a strong brand reputation in the consumer marketplace. SunBriteTV has determined that it shall not support advertising or promotional communications that have the net effect of damaging the integrity of the SunBriteTV brand and diminishing the perceived value of SunBriteTV.
Effective as of January 2014 , SunBriteTV has established a new Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy on all SunBriteTV televisions. The policy applies to all dealers and distributors.
The MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- The MAP for all SunBriteTV televisions shall be listed on each SunBriteTV price sheet for dealers and distributors. MAP is established by SunBriteTV for all televisions and may be adjusted by SunBriteTV at its sole discretion.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements or public communications that are conveyed to one or more persons. These communications include, but are not limited to, communications of SunBriteTV televisions in all TV, radio and online media; including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet (including shopping cart discounts) or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by SunBriteTV or another manufacturer) with a television covered by our MAP policy would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered television below the MAP.
- In instances where SunBriteTV stages manufacturer cash rebates direct to the consumer, the dealer can use the value of the cash rebate in an arithmetic “price down” and/or show the total net down price in the advertisement. However, the phrase “manufacturer direct rebate” or “manufacturer mail-in rebate” byline must be included in the communication.
- MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and distributors may advertise SunBriteTV televisions and products at any price in excess of the MAP established.
- SunBriteTV’s MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the televisions is not less than MAP.
- From time to time SunBriteTV may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In such events, SunBriteTV reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP with respect to the affected televisions by notifying all dealers of such change. SunBriteTV further reserves the right to adjust the MAP with respect to all or certain televisions at its sole discretion upon 7 days advance written notice to the dealers and distributors, provided that such changes shall apply equally to all SunBriteTV dealers and distributors.
- Recertified/refurbished products may be advertised; however this must be clearly stated in the advertisement. At all points in the promotional process, the terms “recertified” or “reconditioned unit” must be included with the model number and price.
- Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of dealership or distributorship. SunBriteTV does not intend to do business with dealers or distributors who degrade the image of SunBriteTV and its products. SunBriteTV does not have to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking action under this policy.
The terms of this MAP policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties. This MAP policy has been established by SunBriteTV to help insure the legacy of SunBriteTV as a top manufacturer of high performance, high quality, professional outdoor televisions and to protect the reputation of its name and products. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure dealers and distributors have the incentive to invest resources into services for SunBriteTV customers.